• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Exercises that you cant get into?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Portillo

Bluelighter
The 2 exercises that i try to add to my routine but dont seem to get anything out of them are preacher curls and dumbbell flyes.

Anyone have a similar problem to any exercise movement?

I'm terrible at isolating my lower abs and obliques. Basically, I don't enjoy and am not good at ab exercises.

Agree with abs. Can pound out deads, squats, flys, tricept extensions, whatever the fuck everyone isn't about, but I cannot, for the life of me, find a good ab program that I enjoy.

Dammit.

Yeah, no more squats for me. I hurt my frickin' back, which is already messed up. Shoulda never even tried 'em.

sumo deadlifts for me, I tried to get in shape for all the snow I've got to shovel. I ended up switching over to good-mornings.

Sometimes my wrists or knees start hurting immediately when I lift, which ends the work out because I refuse to "lift through it".

I mostly get this from bench press and curls. Maybe the solution is to drop the weight drastically?

I heard that you shouldnt even do them, just do front of the neck presses.

True in my opioion...to much stress on the rotator cuffs. I love anything to do with preacher though. I'd say most people are going to hate whatever is painfullly uncomforable for them, or something that they can't seem to get to grow...in my case my stubborn calves!:! Damn things are horribly underdeveloped comared to everything else. I walk around like a spaz after hittin them hard too.

Lateral raises and dumbell rows don't seem to work for me...

Any excersise at all :(

I used to religiously do martial arts but it was messing up my back.

Got loadsa gym equipment at home but no motivation, Im looking into going to the gym as change of enviroment should hopefully inspire some lifting.

Not to de-rail the thread but if anyone could reccomend a begginers routine that would be smashing, PM as to not annoy any1 :)

I can't get into running/jogging, pilates, or dumb shit like "Hip Hop Abs" lol.

I stick to my basic cardio, weight training and stretching exercises, with a few sports thrown in for good measure. I don't mind jogging in place or walking the treadmill, but screw running long distances. It's hard on the knees and walking has been shown to be just as effective. Dance, swimming, and yoga are among my favorites, but nothing that involves weird exercise equipment, silly "fad" exercises guaranteed to target a certain part of your body, or anything else complicated. I like to keep it simple.

Sit-ups and crunches. Fuck 'em.

I have Hank Hill's ass and no cushion along my spine either, so sit-ups/crunches means feeling my tailbone dig into the floor. Cushions help, but they slip all along my hardwood floor.

Guess I need to toughen up and do those upside-down crunches, hanging from a chin-up bar, like every prisoner in a movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.